We all are doing the household work every day, but we ever think that how our work got easy and got finished in no time. The most important part of every field in now days are the electric equipment at Home, Industry, Small Shops and everywhere. So, electrical equipment plays an important role in every field and everywhere in daily life.
As they all work on electricity and if electricity is providing lots of advantages when it comes with shocks also. Whenever we are working with any kind of electric equipment, we should take care of several points. So, because of some stupid action, one life should not be suffered.
Important points that you should keep in mind when you are dealing with electric gadgets at home
- Whenever you are dealing with electrical equipment then you should wear good rubber-based slippers. Because our human body is a type of conductor and our body will shock if we have direct contact with the earth as because at that time earth is acting as a circuit that gets completed if we are not wearing something like slippers. Rubber Slippers are the insulators so they break the circuit in between and there will be no shock which will we experienced by the human body.
- If you are working or repairing the electric component in the home, keep in mind that the mains should be off. if the mains are off while working there will be no risk for having a shock. It is a good idea to put up a sign on a service panel so that nobody turns the main switch ON while you re working over that equipment.
- Always use appropriate insulated rubber gloves and goggles while working on any branch circuit or any other electric circuit.
- Never try to test the equipment when it is energizing, firstly use a tester and then test the equipment that is it ready for the testing and then tests their working. When the bulb inside the test lights up then it shows that the equipment is having some charge flowing inside it. Then off the supply and then start to work over the component.
- Never use an aluminum or steel ladder if you are working on any receptacle at height in your home. An electric surge will ground you and whole electric current will pass through the body. Use a wooden, bamboo or fiberglass ladder instead.
- Always use a circuit breaker or fuse with the appropriate current rating. Circuit breakers and fuse protection devices that automatically disconnect the live wire when a condition of a short circuit or over current occurs.
- Always take care of while soldering your circuit boards. Wear goggles and keep yourself away from the fumes.
- Always use insulated tools while working.
- Avoid water while working with electricity. Never touch or try repairing any electrical equipment or circuits with wet hands. It increases the conductivity of the electric circuit.
- Never use equipment with frayed cords, damaged insulation or broken plugs.
Here are some points which you should keep mind when you are working with electric components. As because precautions are always better than cure but once you got captured by the electricity then cures will be very long. So, always keep these points into your mind.